Mid-July I had a lot of help from Tricia, my Mom, James, and my friend Sarah setting up my classroom. It was so much work, and I never would have finished in time for back to school night if it wasn't for them. We literally finished 30 minutes before families started showing up. I had a good turn out. 15 families came.
Sadly one of the days my Mom was in my classroom their home was broken into. All of their jewelry was stolen. My Dad had a few pieces and my Mom had a big collection that she was really fond of. She is heartbroken because she had so many pieces of sentimental value, including jewelry that was her Mothers'. It is very sad, but we are grateful that everyone is safe. They have put security measures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again. Within 2 days of that happening Dad on the Villalpando side fell from a ladder while doing yard work. Luckily he only suffered minor injuries, and we are so grateful that he is safe, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment