Thursday, June 30, 2011

JUNE

I MADE IT!  Yesterday was my last day waitressing at the Hilton pool.  My mind has been busily trying to erase all memory of working there.  These last few days were especially challenging, considering Monday it was 111 with 6% humidity.  Yesterday the humidity shot way up, making it extremely muggy.  I was threatened several times with "Your going in!" (dunking employees on their last day is a tradition), but lucky for me that threat never materialized.  
Next week I begin the process of making up my classroom, and over the next couple weeks I'll have several days of curriculum training.  Friday the 15th I have back to school night, and the 18th is the first day of school.  I'm anxious to get back into the classroom!
James is still diligently plugging away at his job search.  He did everything in his power for his job interview at the water company a few weeks ago, but unfortunately wasn't chosen.  They did contact him and tell him that he ranked very highly among the other candidates, which makes him feel good.  He says he felt comfortable and confident at the interview, so we are anxiously awaiting his next chance to knock 'em dead.     

On June 20th we celebrated our 2 year anniversary.  We both worked that day, but he was working right next to the pool so we saw each other all day.  We tried the restaurant across the street from us at the La Paloma resort.  The grounds of the resort are gorgeous.  We had a wonderful dinner on the outdoor patio at sunset.  I really wanted to take pictures but our camera was misbehaving.  Since then James has fixed it and I have posted lots of pictures below.
  
Hope you all have a fun filled Fourth of July weekend!  We'll update again in August!  Miss you all!
For those of you "in the know" about Eegee's, July is watermelon flavor.  Yum!  :) lol  And no, we aren't sick of Eegee's yet

No comments:

Post a Comment