Friday, May 20, 2011

2 week update

Hello All!  As of tomorrow we will have been in Tucson for 2 weeks-time flies!  Here is a recap of our time here...

Our moving day went very smoothly.  Thanks to a lot of help, we had our truck packed by 11 a.m.  We could barely get the truck to close it was so packed, but it worked out.  I got to San Diego about 4:30, and James about 5.  The original plan was just to unpack a bed, but once we started unpacking we couldn't stop.  Thanks to the help of my family and Michael, we were completely unpacked by 8:30! Unfortunately the a/c was broken, making it almost 90 degrees inside our place.  It took the complex several days to fix it. 

We have gotten a lot done in the 2 weeks we have been here.  We have our AZ driver's licenses, car plates, unpacked and put stuff away (for the most part), bought James a car, attended Michael's college graduation and Amber's talent show where she crooned a Taylor Swift song,  I have worked 5 days at the Hilton pool, James has been hired at the Hilton as a banquet set up person, and I have been hired to teach kindergarten at a charter school starting in July.  We just found out yesterday that James will have an interview in 2 weeks for a microbiology position.  Fingers crossed!

I included a picture of the Hilton pool that I'm working at below.  It's a beautiful location right at the base of the Catalina mountains.  However, at the orientation I learned that several species of dangerous wildlife call the Hilton their home away from home!  Javelinas (desert boars with tusks), bob cats, and mountain lions like to take the occasional stroll through the property.  Luckily all I've seen so far are ducks, baby bunnies, and a cute family of doves.


Other than the first 3 days we were here, we have had great weather.  We've had lots of sunshine but it hasn't been too hot.  It has rained twice but really briefly, and desert rain is one of my favorite smells.  This kind of weather is very rare for a May in Tucson.  Supposedly next weekend is when we will hit 100 degrees.

I'll try to update our blog every 2 weeks or so...miss you all!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you two are doing great. Congratulations on the teaching job :) & best of luck on James' position. Just went to Disney & thought of you. I bought the Deluxe pass & plan on visiting Disney during the summer. Glad to hear everything is going well. Say hello to your mom & sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. The only thing missing is a cute picture of you my darling. Congrats on your teaching position. Kindergartners are so sweet and kind. And it should be fun to work at the Hilton over the summer. It Looks like a beautiful pool. Say hi to your wonderful family and I look forward to getting future updates on your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! So glad to hear you two are doing great. Love the blog and the pictures :) Tell the Zabowski family I say "hello". Miss you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the posts! Glad you like the blog! I'll try to put a pic of me up next time, I'm still trying to get some color on me! I'll tell my family everyone says hi...& Corie I am so jealous of you spending the summer at Dland!!! ;) XO to ALL!

    ReplyDelete